How to deposit old 500 Rupees and 1000 Rupees notes in the SBI bank: If you want to deposit money (500Rs & 1000Rs notes) in your SBI bank account then, you can deposit easily by visiting the SBI bank branch or through SBI cash deposit machines. You can also deposit the money from any SBI bank branch as they all are linked through core banking solution. Recently, Government of India has banned 500Rs & 1000Rs notes and hence it mandatory to deposit these notes in the bank till 30th December 2016. You can also deposit your cash after 30th December 2016 till May 2017 (expected) in the specified offices (according to RBI instructions). You should also know, that there is no limit of cash to deposit but you will have to pay tax on the exceeded amount (more than 250000/-.
How to deposit old 500 Rupees and 1000 Rupees notes in the SBI bank
- 1) -Visit to your SBI bank branch first and take cash deposit slip.
- 2) -Fill all the necessary details in the cash deposit form.
- 3) -In the cash deposit form, you will have to write your bank account number, name, branch name, date, address, signature etc.
- 4) -Deposit the cash (500Rs & 1000Rs notes) along with cash deposit slip at the bank counter.
- 5) -Take the deposit confirmation slip from the banker with bank stamp.
Steps to deposit 500Rs & 1000Rs notes through Cash Deposit Machines
You can also deposit 500Rs & 1000Rs notes by the SBI Cash Deposit Machine available at many places. You can use this cash deposit machine to instantly credit money to your account without visiting the branch. You can also receive transaction receipt from the cash deposit machine. It’s completely safe and secure, 24×7 self-service machine and you can also save your time by depositing cash through cash deposit machine.
- 1) -Swipe your Debit Card/ ATM Card.
- 2) -Now, enter 4 digits PIN for verification.
- 3) -Chose as Cash Deposit and select your Account Type (Savings or Current Account).
- 4) -Keep the Cash in the Cash Deposit slot. (Like Rs. 100/ 500/ 1,000 Rupee notes at a time, Up to 200 Rs. 49,000/-).
- 5) -Click on Deposit button and machine will sort the notes.
- 6) -The deposited money will be credited to your account.
- 7) -Get receipt generated by the machine.
- Kindly note that sometimes notes come out from the cash deposit machine if the note is too old, fake note or some other reason.
RBI Contact detail / Helpline Numbers
If you have any query or you are facing any difficulty then, you may contact the control room of RBI/Reserve Bank of India by email or on phone Numbers given below:
- Phone numbers: 022 22602201/022 22602944
- Email id: email@example.com
Note: This webpage is dedicated to the “How to deposit old 500 Rupees and 1000 Rupees notes in the SBI bank”. So, if you want to get more information or latest news then, you can bookmark this webpage and visit again here.